Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl

Football. It is one of my favorite sports. Since the 5th grade, I’ve played tackle football in junior Spartans, and flag football even longer. Every year, I watch most of the bears games on television, although over the years as social commitments and school get in the way I watch less and less. The one definite has been watching the super bowl. The game is usually great, some years it has been a blowoff, but the one constant has been great commercials. This year however, I really didn’t see a single one that stood out, that was “great”. Or even that one that got ranked the worst, one godaddy takes pride in trying to get every year. Maybe it was the recession, maybe it was a lack of innovation. But the one thing that surprised me this year was the game. That’s right, the game actually was its own highlight this year. The first half, the game looked like it was going to be a blowout for the Steelers. But near the end, the safety instead of the Steelers getting out. Then there was the  touchdown to take the lead by 3 from a 13 point deficit. And then to end it all off, the touchdown to win it all, Steelers winning their 6th super bowl, the most super bowl wins by a football team ever, and almost the first Super Bowl overtime. Super Bowl XLIII, football at its finest.

2 comments:

The Nose Job Gal said...

Max, I actually disagree with you. There weren't as many great commercials as prior years but I do believe that some were quite funny. To start, the Doritos commercials were a riot as well as the first Miller Light commercial. However, I do agree the game was phenomenal, and I'm NOT a huge football fan!

mackler said...

We will have to agree to disagree, as i disliked the Doritos commercial. And there was no miller light i recall, do you mean bud light? because:
http://www.tnsmediagroup.com/news/02042009.htm
(i looked to be sure due to it having been a while) shows no miller.